This internship at Penn is an amazing opportunity. I work there now as an Education Commons and RIS intern and they have a great program with a lot of support. I also did my M.A. in English with one of the librarians who works in this department. Definitely apply if you’re in the central/south Jersey or Philly area.
Penn Libraries Courseware Support Internship
Availability: One year position beginning January 2014
Hours: 20 hours/week including some weekend hours.
Reporting to the Courseware Services Manager and Educational Technology Librarian, the Courseware Support Intern will provide end-user support for the University’s Blackboard and Canvas learning management systems. The Intern handles courseware related support requests, creates and updates documentation and help pages, and assists in administering training sessions and workshops.
Our extensive training program leads us to ask for a commitment of one full year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Courseware Services Manager, receives, troubleshoots, and responds to Blackboard and Canvas questions and issues using Footprints Helpdesk software.
- Holds workshops and walk-in hours in support of courseware.
- Updates existing knowledge base and support documentation.
- Creates documentation and tutorials for new tools, features and systems.
- Assists with assessment of courseware systems and other tools.
- Participates in special projects related to courseware and educational technology support and library public services as required.
- Enrollment in a graduate degree program in library or information science, information technology, or education (particularly educational technology) or related field is required.
- Strong public services orientation.
- Comfortable with technology and the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience using a learning management system such as Blackboard, Canvas, Sakai, or Moodle is preferred.
- Proficiency with HTML is highly desired.
- Candidates should be comfortable with and enthusiastic about educational technologies and be able to explain their use and benefits to others.
- Previous experience in an academic setting preferred; previous experience providing academic or technical support services highly desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Please write “Courseware Support Internship” in the subject line.